I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame - Brené Brown
Love it!

Though the content of this book speaks directly to and about women, shame is universal and that point is made repeatedly. There is even a section at the end that describes where she was at with shame research on men at the time of the writing for this and what prompted her to begin it. That's one of my favorite stories because it prompted me to take a look at what behaviors and actions I may be doing that reinforces shame for my husband and could potentially grow it in our son.
Nevertheless, this book is about women and the specific shame triggers that we have. I love the way motherhood and parenting are separated because our expectations to be or want to be a mother and how many kids we should or should want to have are completely separate from how good we are at parenting them. Those are just two of the twelve shame categories that are explained in this book.
I LOVE the section on critical awareness and how our personal problems contribute to societal problems and so personal changes aren't always enough. We must also not be a part of the problem of perpetuating shame or allowing it to perpetuate. Then there's a great section on stereotyping, how harmful it is, and exercises she does to make it obvious that we need to stop putting people into categories like that.