But What If We're Wrong?: One Evangelical's Take on the LGBTQ Issue - Jacci Turner

At only 46 pages, this a great book to read in one sitting on this day. If you're looking for something a bit more substantial, check out Love Is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation with the Gay Community - Andrew Marin  or Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity - Julia Serano or this month's Our Shared Shelf's read The Argonauts - Maggie Nelson.

Acceptance is still a highly discussed hot topic in many communities and probably many homes as well. The new news frenzy around the bathrooms is evidence enough that society as a whole is a long way from it. It is unfortunate but true that perseverance is still required for people to be able to be their true selves in public rather than hiding in or forced into closets so that everyone else can prescribe their behavior.

The religious community has been discussing and making headway with the LGBT community, some denominations have even reached acceptance. I look forward to the day when the others follow suit.